So this isn’t pumpkin. But I might have done it again. Yes, I bring to you another boozy baked good. What is wrong with me? For some reason I can not get over this alcoholic obsession. Maybe because I like to change it up. Maybe I’m a fan of bad decisions. I’m pretty sure it’s because I like delicious things. Yeah. Let’s go with that.
Apple cider is a staple of my fall nostalgia. Even growing up in California, where the coldest it would get was 40 degrees at night, I looked forward to sipping apple cider from those Starbucks red cups. Imagine my surprise and delight to discover that grown up apple cider includes rum. Um what?! I really like this idea. Another thing I like? Cupcakes with rum. Even better than that? Apple cider RUM cupcakes. Grown up comfort in with frosting. Oh. And these ones are mini. Forget it. It is all over. Mini. Rum. Cupcake. It can only get better from here. So much better.
Apple Cider Cupcakes
*makes 48 mini cupcakes or 18 large
*recipe from Something Swanky
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 c. AP flour
- 1 c. apple cider
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and cider, mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, vanilla.
- Line muffin/cupcake pan with muffin liners and fill 2/3 with mixture
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes
Cinnamon Rum Buttercream
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-5 tbsp. dark rum
- Cream butter and sugar together, adding vanilla, cinnamon, and rum.
- Whip until soft and fluffy, adding more rum as desired.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and devour!