Sometimes you just need something so badly that your whole day becomes unproductive until you can have that one thing. Last weekend as the entire East Coast was preparing for a massive snowstorm I was dreading waking up to that blanket of white the next day. Since I basically live in the south, that wasn’t a likely possibility. But I always worry about the snowfall. Maybe after seven years in a region that has multiple months of winter, I should break down and purchase winter boots? Or just get over the fact that I can’t wear my rainbow sandals in Februrary? I may never learn.
I was determined to win the 2013 storm weekend, which is where my new friends come in handy. As the day got colder, all thoughts were consumed with what I could bake that would make the chills go away. There is nothing mind-blowing about Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Wait. Who am I kidding? Of course there is. Peanut butter. Chocolate. In cookie form. Comfort food to the max. What a way to start the weekend.
can I please crawl in there and have a nap?
What could be better than movies and cookies all weekend? Um, maybe a visit to Princeton University, cookies in tow. My rocket scientist boyfriend — no, really. He actually IS a rocket scientist — went to Princeton (as did my brother) and I am definitely in love with that place more than I should be. Princeton. Watching college wrestling (which I still don’t understand, but absolutely love). Best cupcakes ever. AAAAnd a bagel brunch with my favorite NYC family. I know, right? My life is awesome.
If you are feeling the briskness of this wintery weather, and love peanut butter a lot, these little friends should be a part of your life. Like, now.
Oh. And I finally broke down and got winter snow boots. Maybe there is hope for me after all.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
*adapted from Alice’s Tea Cup
*makes 30 two inch cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix on medium.
- Add peanut butter and mix until batter is creamy. Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto lined or greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Press each cookie with a fork to form criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet.
1 thought on “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies”