When I was a kid I ate guacamole with anything. All the time. Because that’s what California kids do. Or basically anyone who like delicious things. But I was not a fan of avocados. I thought they tasted different (they don’t) and they were a funny texture (they aren’t if you like creamy deliciousness). I should have known I just liked when things were mashed up. But then I wised up and got awesome and became an adult (sort of) and have been consuming avocados in most things.
One of the hardest parts about living in a massive city is not having an avocado tree in my back yard. Or actually a back yard. So paying more than a dollar for an avocado feels like I’m being robbed. Even though I do it every week. Man, my life is hard. So when I had 1.5 avocados that we’re totally ripe and perfect, I thought, it’s totally guac time. This time I decided to sweeten it up with a mango I had lying around. Best decision. And this goes perfect with chips or tacos. Or just a spoon actually.
Mango Avocado Guacamole
- 1 1/5-
- 1/2 ripe mango, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- lime juice to taste
- salt + pepper to taste
- Scoop out avocado flesh and place in a bowl, then mash with a fork until there are no more large chunks.
- Dice mango and tomato and place in avocado bowl. Add diced garlic and cilantro. Stir to combine, slowly so you don’t cruch tomoto and mango.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper until it tastes amazing. Enjoy!