6 Things I discovered this week (or already knew but are VERY important to my sanity)
- Swimming in the ocean is not scary at all. Swimming in a pond makes me cry and act like a toddler who is afraid of monsters in the closet.
- No matter how much I love my job (I do, I do, I REALLY do) I spend all week planning epic adventures during the weekend. Usually involving food and mimosas
- I am harder on myself than anyone will ever be.
- Cheese, meat, and a crunchy baguette is the greatest meal anytime ever.
- I’m kind of like a prairie dog because my home is my sanctuary and I really like to burrow into my pillow. Or my boyfriend. Or both.
- Ice cream is a totally acceptable dinner. Year-round.
EvenEspecially in the winter
1. Being so close to rural Virginia definitely has it’s perks:
Snacks during Virginia wine tasting
2. My company has been successful in what I guess you could call “educational competitions.” We produce educational curriculum and assessment and have won bids to have our products serve as the foundation in several state-wide programs. As a result our super fun management rewards us with what I like to call “The party cart:”
The party cart as it rolls through the office
3. It is SO hot in DC in the summers and a sure-fire cure for the heat? Margaritas and guac. Who doesn’t love that? Don’t let anyone fool you. 4 oz. margs pack a punch and guacamole prepared especially for you AT YOUR TABLE is my new fav.
Guacamole made with love